Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Little Guy

My recent poems have come from a mind and heart immersed in the joy of knowing our new grandson, also called Guy, and born 8 July 2019.  He is extraordinary, of course.  No, really.  He is joyful and active, quick to smile and responsive to attention.  

I wrote this poem in October of last year, when he was in his fourth month.  As my hearing deteriorates I was thinking about his, and wondering what I could do to enrich that part of his life.




Songmaker 


I will capture the noise of the world

For you and from it

I will sieve the urgent jaybird

And the mooning cow

Small dogs in their confusion

The lowing jet and wheezing bus

The knowing nearby voice of love

And from it I will find a song for you

To sing for me a song to rainbow

All you hear into a thing we share


With two beginnings and no end

A song of your discovery and

The noise of our amazement

No comments:

Post a Comment